Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2003
US
My boss is looking for a better way to track client and server licenses; including version(s), expiration/renewal dates, computer installed on, remarks, etc.

My current solution is a spreadsheet, which I think is (at least) adequate.

Anyone have any other methods of managing client and server licenses?

-------------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world. The unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

SMS.

[red]"... isn't sanity really just a one trick pony anyway?! I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you are good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit!" - The Tick[/red]

We're using Track-It! from Intuit. Seems to do a good job once you eliminate a lot of the B.S.

=================
There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those that understand binary and those that do not.

Altiris Notification Server. We have used SMS, Intuit TrackIt!, and a couple of others. Altiris is a great alternative to SMS. It will manage and track software licenses, versions, hardware information, OS info, basically every piece of information about every device on your network. It will inventory systems running Unix, Linux, Netware, Windows, Macs, handhelds, pretty much everything that connects to your network. It has bery nice reporting capabilities, as well as great monitoring tools that notify you of particular changes, expirations, installations of unwanted software, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back