Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

License Error Message Prompt Each Morning

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbdbcoder

Programmer
Nov 23, 2006
US
Environments: Sage 300 v2018 full install on an App server. Workstation Set up on a RDS server. SQL on a SQL server.

Every morning when the users log on to RDS server and launch Sage 300, the first user receives an error prompt "You do not have a license to use this product!" and can't get to login screen. so far, I have been using a procedure to work around it: I logged on to App server and launched Sage 300 as ADMIN. And then I logged on to RDS server and logged on as ADMIN. Then the license error message window won't show up when the users log in on RDS server afterwards.

I checked the event logs on RDS server where the error happens. I see 2 consistent errors from ACCAC in sequence as bellows :

*** Error 1 ***
The description for Event ID 100 from source ACCPAC cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

- COM error caught in ReadCachedLicenses. HRESULT -2147221164 (Class not registered)

*** Error 2 ***
The description for Event ID 100 from source ACCPAC cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ib.c - 3795 - IB - Bad HPIB in ibUnloadLangDlls

I am not sure what to try at this point. Any help or suggestion is highly appreciated!

I had a client on 2017 with this problem, and I never figured it out. I had to make a simple scheduled job that logs and out every 10 minutes. I suspect it's an Active Directory problem since his network is current but it was started over 16 years old.

Sage 300 Whisperer

oh... interesting...

and ... the objective of your scheduled job is to keep Sage 300 in a being logged in mode ?

It logs in and right back out to get rid of the license error.

Sage 300 Whisperer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back