Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licences required for SCN

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJTelco

Technical User
Aug 21, 2004
US

Hello,

I am in need of clarification on licenses required with SCN on the IP500 and 4.1 software.

Where things are a bit ubclear is the role of "VCM license" (4,8,16,28 or 60 CH) and "Network license".

My exposure to IPO has been only with the IP400 and 2.1 rev.

Thanks

D.

If it for an IP500 you will need:
VCM card (32/64)-Comes with 4 VCM channels licensed
VCM licenses-If you want more than 4 calls
Network Start 4 ch-first 4 channels IP Trunks
Add Network Lics for more than 4 IP trunks
Advanced Networking-for remote hotdesking, distibuted hunt groups etc...
This will all be needed at both ends

If you are on the IP400 range than all you need is a VCM card, no more lic's needed

Voicemail Pro is the only supported VM in an SCN and the IP500 will need a Pro license to run it.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Hello, I am really in the need of reading the IP Office 4.1 manuals. I might start with the What's New section the IP Office Manager manual and then move on to the descriptions of the IP500 licenses in the IP Office Installation manual. I will then in that way teach myself about all the various changes made in the last year for IP Office.

VCM Licenses are needed for IP500 VCM channels (well hey I would never have guessed)

Voice Networking Licenses are needed for IP500 voice networking connections such as SCN, H323 and (TTBOMK) QSIG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back