Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Licence help required Sidekick 98 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfalert

Technical User
Feb 2, 2005
GB
WOW... what a joy it is to find this community... I've been using Sidekick on and off since the days of TSR and DOS, when Sidekick was probably the most useful program on the PC!

To the problem... In short, a major house-keeping operation on the PC has resulted in me needing to reinstall Sidekick. I've been using SK98 which I originally had as a try or buy version, and stupidly I kept the licence (along with a long list of others) in a Sidekick cardfile...

I think you can guess what's coming next. Somehow I managed to delete the cardfile during the clear-out rather than transfer it, then reformatted the disk.

So my version of SK98 has reverted to try before you buy, times out in 30 days and both have irritating nag screens. I've tried downloading SK98 from siderealb0x.250free.com but the files appear to be offline... so I'm stuck there.

I have full versions of SK2, SK95 and Internet SK. SK95 is usable and I can live with the MAST:WK error tho it would be nice to get rid of it. Internet SK has a much better interface, but has a display problem with the YEAR feature of the calendar - as I enter a lot of dates and check for free time this way this makes it more or less unusable for me.

So... where can I get either a licence to activate my SK98 copy or download said program? I've read the FAQs and as many posts as I can!!

Dear All,
And especally smurfalert the link for Disk1 on the Sidekick98 download page is wrong it reads this:
First Version:
when it should read this:
2nd version:
So copy the 2nd version here and paste into your browser and Bob's your uncle (in fact he is mine)!
This works and is the same address for all the numbered disks in that set (just change Disk1 to Disk2 etc)

I will get on to JTOToole about this but I believe he is QUITE busy at the moment!
Good Luck

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort and means that links are more likely to be current. Please 'Comment' on them if they are not!

Thanks a lot... files coming in as I type... A huge relief... I really wasn't looking forward to migrating to something else...

Dear All,

The Links have been updated to point to the correct locations.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back