Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Liccheck.exe error csdool.dll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevemoore

IS-IT--Management
May 16, 2000
GB
Arcserve Exchange and SQL agents keep producing a licckeck error after 7 days of installation. You can service pack them to get rid of the message, but it simply returns 7 days later. The agents are upgrades from 2.0 and I'm running Arcserve 6.61. I've tried everything - including the service pack - has anyone got any ideas?

Yes, this one is quite simple really.&nbsp;&nbsp;Service Pack 1 covers the cstool\liccheck issue but as you have upgraded from 6.5 you must do the following. 1. Install 6.5 and any agents and option, 2. insert universal upgrade cd and run a file called regit.exe from the root.&nbsp;&nbsp;Then register all programs that you are entitled to. [keep running this program untill ALL products have been registered].&nbsp;&nbsp;then apply <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> and then install all of the 6.61 upgrades.&nbsp;&nbsp;Apply sp1 last

Many thanks! I actually think it might be a conflict with proxy client. I'll update the list later for the benefit of any other poor sods that get blighted with this problem!

Its not a problem with proxy at all, CA technical have been aware of this for sometime.&nbsp;&nbsp;Port 6050 should be left open for arcserveit and aslong as you install the products as i have specified you will be ok and the messsage will go.&nbsp;&nbsp;To describe the problem,&nbsp;&nbsp;ARCserve 6.5 has about 5 files in system32 directory that have readonly flags or are in use during the upgrade.&nbsp;&nbsp;CSTool.dll is one of these files.&nbsp;&nbsp;The error occurs when 6.5's cstool.dll is left behind and regit cannot locate the software code it requires.&nbsp;&nbsp;Trust me

I must admit we have done all that - the problem comes back after seven days. The second liccheck error references wspwsp.dll. I've managed to get rid of one of the errors on the SQL server by uninstalling proxy client. However the other agent error is on an Exchange server - don't know how well that would cope without proxy client.

go to command prompt to WINNT dir and type following command:<br>&nbsp;c:\winnt&gt; asdscsvc -remove<br>&nbsp;c:\winnt&gt; asdscsvc -install<br>And make sure that sp1 is applied to all products including agents.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you have applied the please reapply it just in case and reboot the server when you can

Thanks! But what does that do?<br><br>Also just out of interest, do you know that applying Arcserve SP1 knocks out Compaq Power Mgmt software

I don't remember an exe file called killcompaq.exe anywhere in sp1.&nbsp;&nbsp;The commands above reinit the discovary service and if you don't already know this is very much a part of the licesing subsystem and cstool is a part of both.&nbsp;&nbsp;If you are worried about doing the above then copy cstool.dll from system32 into the c:\arcserveit directory and please copy NOT move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back