Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library references

Status
Not open for further replies.

ferryjenny

Technical User
Nov 22, 2000
GB
In my access application if you open a module and look at references there are five selected. However using another computer I do not have one of the OLB files that is selected therefore the application does not work. I found out that the application does not actualy need this reference however I can not remove it because I cannot access the references due to the program crashing.

Is there any way of removing a refrence to an OLB file without going into the VBA and unchecking it in the refernces box.

Yes

firstly have you tried to repair the database - that would be my first option
OR
You can import the whole front end into a fresh db which has no libraries referenced

then add the references and compile it.

this will do 2 things
a prove that your other db was corrupt
b That you may need that library after all

if it crashes at this point then it looks like you are in the unenviable position of importing things in little by little until it topples again, just a quick thought is this an upgrade project by any chance?
What version are you in?

Then your next stop is to find out where and why the library is used.

hope this gives you some ideas..

By the way don't forget to consider security if it's applied

regards

jo

If you lookup the access help, & search for the References Collection this should tell you how to remove a reference from code.

You should be ok to do this, assuming you know the name of teh reference file you want to remove.

Why can you not remove it from the parent database if it is not used?? James Goodman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back