Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library objects in Custom Shapes Need help Quickly! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLMooreJr

Instructor
Feb 6, 2006
US
Hey all....teaching an InDesign level 2 class and a question came up that I cant figure out. After creating a custom graphics box, (be it a circle, polygon or something more complex, can you then pull a graphic FROM your library file and place it into the shape? Seems like you should be able to do it, although I cant figure out how...Thanks!

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

...as far as i am aware this is not possible to do, the work around is to place the object on the page, copy it and then paste into the target shape...

Andrew

Select the frame with either selection tool, and select the item in the Library. Choose Paste Into from the Edit menu and the object will be placed inside the library. Hope that helps!

cool...yeah that helps....I've been dropping it on the stage and then pasting into...your way saves a step! Thanks!

"The secret of teaching is to appear to have known all your life what you learned this afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back