Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library expansion added - anything to do in TSM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

umbletech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2006
Hi All

TSM 5.4.0.3 on windows 2003

We've just added 1 expansion unit license for a ts3310 library. Unfortunately we didn't pay for it on installation so I probably can't get a CE to do it. The library map in the lib web interface shows the new slots correctly. When I go into 'I/O slots' it tells me I can't configure slots until I re-do the library configuration. So I have two main questions:

1. Does anyone know how to save and restore the config to the library so I can at least get back to a working config?

2. Will I need to do anything in TSM if I give the library all the same names? This is the priority question because I'm meant to be doing this tomorrow.

I'm assuming not because TSM doesn't know hardware so if the drivers are there its all good. Surely I must have to at least do an inventory library before TSM will know about the new slots. This is production so winging it isn't an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back