Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library email documents not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

joblack23

IS-IT--Management
Mar 12, 2008
US
Hi everyone and happy holidays,

I am struggling with the email issue. I want to have the library collecting attachments. What i've done so far:
I have an existing Exchange on property, however, all documentation i found related to this subject points me to these steps and were completed:
Enable SMTP on the SharePoint server
Test using telnet (tests were successful)
Configure SMTP on the IIS6 (authentication changes and point to local SMTP address rather then exchange)
Configure MX in DNS and set the priority higher then exchange
Configure SharePoint for email (using the local SMTP)
Enable email in the library or custom form.

In the library the email associated is a simple fake address i.e. documnets@company.com email address.
When an email is sent to this address, exchange complains as not being a valid user which is correct. As a test i've created a new user but now emails are just sitting in this mailbox and not dumped into the SharePoint library.

Exchange 2013 is my front and back end send services. I don't think there is a need to create another send connector for SharePoint. I am not sending anything but receiving.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am beginning to think that since i've already have an exchange, the SMTP services in SharePoint might not be necessary after all. However, that is how i started with no success.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back