Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Library cannot be found

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakiL

IS-IT--Management
Aug 19, 2002
RS
I cannot start exe file because library cannot be found. Suppose some dll's needed, can somebody tell which dll's are neccessary to be copy to other machine (without Foxpro) to exe working? Thanks ...

LakiL

Suggest you keyword search on 'install' and 'setup'

Also see thread184-132564 HTH

Chris [pc2]

My suggestion, since you found out that you cannot just copy a program, to run it, is the use the Install Wizard (If using VFP5,6) or use the InstallShield (If using VFp7.0), that way all the required DLLs will be brought over with the application.
Mike Gagnon
comp14.gif

LakiL:

As a quick and dirty install, if you save the appropriate dll's (Vfp6r.dll and Vfp6renu.dll for version 6, different for others) in the application's directory, you won't need to use an installer.

I do it alot locally when I don't need to do a professional install.

Good Luck!

Darrell

if you do it manually, you also have to install any activeX's controls that you are using and/or ANY external references. So it would be best to use a project and make an install routine. Attitude is Everything

darrellblackhawk

As a quick and dirty install, if you save the appropriate dll's (Vfp6r.dll and Vfp6renu.dll for version 6, different for others) in the application's directory, you won't need to use an installer.

I'm not sure that suggesting a quick a dirty install is such a goog advice to give. There are alot more files then 2 DLL that VFP needs (or may not need) depending on the version of Windows. The application may run, but then it may become unstable of give GPF and tracking down the problem might prove to be difficult. When all it took is an update to the "ComCtl32.ocx" or the "MDAC".

Mike Gagnon
comp14.gif

Thank you all, you solved my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back