Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Li Usage VRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

dallas1

Technical User
Feb 5, 2002
US
Does anyone know how to get the usage of VRT's in Vectors? I know the list usage command does not work for VRT's. Thinking the exporting tool in ASA would work, just need to know what the syntax is for the vector steps feature of the export. Any help or ideas would be very welcome. Thanks!

Only way I've found is to run a report in ASA and export to a text file of all the Vectors in the system.

I run a report of list vectors, export fields to a file, then import into Excel.

Create a string of all the vectors listed using formula to get a string like:

disp vect 1; disp vect 2; disp vect 4; disp vect 10

Then I paste this into a report in ASA and export screen capture to file.

Then using notepad, wordpad, word, excel, open the file and search for the string "table".

Otherwise, you could purchase utilcall call flow extract which would provide you with all this information. Does a lot, but a little pricy IMHO at $800 for a single user license. Especially where you can do a lot of what it does with processes like this or using VBA.

- Stinney

Quoting only proves you know how to cut and paste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back