Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LH 3 Netserver Bootup Error Msg

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootMeUp

MIS
May 31, 2000
US
After several years of running this server, with the usual number of reboots, we are getting a message about "hpgate".
The message primarily refers to "The desrciption for Event ID 22 in Source (hpgate) could not be found... Contains the following insertion string: MPS 1.4 APIC platform. Translated," during bootup.
The Service Control Manager reports: "The hpgate service failed to start due to the following error: The parameter was incorrect."
The only recent changes to the server involve adding some MS patches.
While this is not a show stopper, it is a critical message. Is anyone familiar with it or what it might involve?
LH 3 Netserver, dual processor, dual cage RAID, Windows NT 4.0 SP 6a.
Steve A.

mahdood,
I downloaded the patch. Thanks
Steve A.

This post is old, but I am now having the exact same problem. Unfortunately, the link is no longer valid. Can anyone direct me to the answer to this question. TIA. - Yooper

Try calling HP support. I would imagine they can direct you to the new location.

I've had a problem with an LH3 that wouldn't boot up. I called them and they walked me through fixing it. No support contract or anything, and no charge for it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back