Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG-Nortel ipLDK50 voicemail question. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleskuk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2008
GB

Hi all,

I was overviewing the new LG-Nortel ipLDK program and found a good solution in ipLDK50 system. However I'm a bit confused about their VoiceMail option. Their VoiceMail Interface board comes with 4 Channels and 300 minutes. But when I look at the price, it just can't be that i have only 4 voicemail boxes? Can anyone please explain me what does those 4 channels stand for?

Thanks in advance,

Ivo

Hello!

If you install the VMIBE (voice mail board) you will have 4 channels and 300 minutes of recording time available.

If you add the FMEU2 board to the VMIBE, you will obtain additional 300 minutes of recording time.

If you add the VCEUE board to the VMIBE, you will obtain additional 4 channels.

So fully equipped the WMIBE can have 8 channels and 600 minutes of recording time.

All extensions (stations) in the ipLDK-50/100/300/600 have automatically a voice mail box, when the VMIBE is added.
The VMIBE can also be used in connections with messages for groups and menu functions (press 1 for Sales, press 2 for Services).
///doktor

Thanks Doktor, now its clear about voicemail boxes and recording time. I asume channels stand for simultaneous calls to the voicemail boxes. 4 channels means 4 callers from outside can leave a message to different voicemail boxes simultaneously. Heh what a stupid limitation, eventho it's not that bad, but why can i utilise all my incoming lines. For ex. if i have 8 incoming lines and 1 VMIBE with 4 lines that means that after business hours if 8 people from outside try to leave a voicemail at the same time, only 4 of them will be permited to do so simultaniously. Why they did not set the limit to be acording to your available lines. Heh.

Thanks again.

Hi again

You may add 2 pcs of VMIBE in one ipLDK system.
So up to 1200 minutes and 16 channels can be made avialable for the costumer that has this need.
Have a nice weekend...

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back