Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG GDK 34i or FPll DVIB Auto Attendant question 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonah29

Programmer
Oct 4, 2015
GB
Hi Everyone,
Time to dust off those old manuals!
I have a customer that has had a 34i working for the last 10 - 15 years. It is version x.5Hy (March 05) so is probably as recent as you can get. The system is pretty much maxed out to 34 extensions with pri30 and now I have just added a DVIB to slot 1 to work as an Auto Attend (press 1 for this dept. Press 2 for that dept. Etc)
Using programme 05 the main DDI is routing to DVU1 during the day. DVU1 is set up for CCR 1 in programme 79 and it all works fine apart from DVU1 only plays once. Is there a way of getting this to repeat? There are only 3 options, pressing 1 goes to group 621, 2 goes to group 622 & 3 goes to group 623. But it doesn't repeat and if you don't dial anything after Dvu1 plays, after 10 sec of silence it seems to default to the did/disa busy error destination programming which although
the phone display says tone/atd with flex key 1 and 2 lit. It actually follows Pgm 32 CO Ring assign, as it says it would in the manual. I know it is following Pgm 32 because I have changed the extension numbers programmed here to check.

So what I would really like to achieve is DVU1 repeats in some way or rather than the call disappearing off to the ring assign Pgm 32can I get it to a group and can that group be then set to just play DVU1.
Hopefully from this ramble you can see what I am trying to achieve and what programming I have performed to get there.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Mark

Jonah29

PGM43
Flex Key 22
Disa Retry Counter set to 1, 2 or 3 (Probably already set to 1) 3 will repeat the message twice and 2 will repeat the message once.

Cheers

Eats

Ok, Press Trans *#..... TRANS/PGM..... the transfer key?.......sigh!

Thanks Eats,
I will try that although will that work? Because the call is a ddi call going to the DVU1 via phone 05. Although I have used one of those little adapters to record the message over and over from my phone. Works very well actually.

Thanks for the manuals Thermus I don't blame you in the slightest for wanting nothing to do with it. We have had these working before, it has been about 10 years and we've all tried to forget them!

15 years on a battery is really good going. They are so unpredictable we keep a stock of them from RS and am routinely changing them on the gdk and ldk range. Yet there are some out there that seem to keep going! I test them when I am on site especially before turning the system off and they still show nearly 3.7v

Regards
Mark

Hi eats prog 43 key 22 is already set to 3 but messag still only plays once. Probably because it is a ddi call.
Thanks for the guidance anyway. I've sorted it by repeatedly playing the message into dvu1 via handset/media player adapter.
Regards
Mark

Mark

Ah! Your probably right then, the old quirks of the GDK range!. Maybe it had to default to ring assignment then play the DVU announcement before the DISA retry counter took effect.

Ok, Press Trans *#..... TRANS/PGM..... the transfer key?.......sigh!

Quirks is definitely the word for these! The GDK range had some real big 'uns. Like only being able to be a member of one hunt group.

Thanks for all your efforts.

There's always the option of rerecording the greeting twice on the same announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back