Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG display from laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrzejek

Programmer
Jan 10, 2006
US
This was helpful: thread602-1802524
But now I am hooked to an older LG, model 42LC7D, and the ratio settings I have are:
Set by program
4:3
16:9
Zoom 1
Zoom 2
and no 'Just Scan' :-( Edges of the laptop do not display on my LG

Any ideas...?

---- Andy

"Hmm...they have the internet on computers now"--Homer Simpson

Allegedly on that model changing the Label used for the input can have an effect.

So, presumably you are connected to one of the two HDMI inputs. You need to label this as PC

Press the MENU button and then use ⯅ or ⯆ button to select the SETUP menu.
Press the ⯈ button and then use ⯅ or ⯆ button to select Input Label.
Press the ⯈ button and then use ⯅ or ⯆ button to select the source: AV1, AV2, Component1, Component2, RGB-PC, HDMI1/DVI or HDMI2.
Press the ⯇ or ⯈ button to select the label.
Press EXIT button to return to TV viewing or press MENU button to return to the previous menu.

Thanks for the info, but – unfortunately – it does not work. [sad]
Setting HDMI input label to PC does not do anything, no other Aspect Ratio available other that what was there already.

LG1_gyin7a.png

LG2_enhj6g.png

LG3_vjytyz.png

I may just go to Wal-Mart and see what they have on a clearance rack for TVs and get a cheap one for just my laptop’s additional monitor. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy, 42” would suffice… [pc2]

---- Andy

Have you tried running it at the native resolution - 1360x768?

That is the setting of the laptop: 1366 x 768
The highest resolution available on this (old) laptop

---- Andy

Well, don't thinbk I can help any further. That's about drained my LG knowledge.

Thanks for trying.
I even called LG Customer Support some time ago and my old LG has this limitation. No wonder, it was made back in 2007

---- Andy

They may have a great Customer Support, but this old TV does not support 'just scan' setting :-(
I've switched to a different LG TV, a little bit newer, and life if good again.... [wiggle]

---- Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back