Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG Cloud/On-Prem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Phones

Technical User
Jan 9, 2018
GB
All

We supply LG Cloud and LG On-Prem solutions, using either stand-alone Draytek 2762/2862 routers or Ubiquiti cloud key and AP’s for Wi-Fi.

LG promote the Ascom i63 WiFi phone which isnt compatible with either of our preferred WiFi products.

We currently supply an android phone with APP to overcome this for a WiFi handset on sites.

What do other resellers use in this scenario? Are their other reliable WiFi cordless handsets that work? Does anyone know a back door setting to allow Draytek/Ubiquiti and i63 to work?

Cheers

Every company I knw that used the LG WiFi phones dropped them as they were trash, I done the LG Course and they didn't even work during the course.

Calum M
ACSS

Hi

We used to fit the LG WiFi phones (WIT400HE)and they are a pain

i have tried one Ascom i62 handset and it did work with the draytek access points but not very well

so we have fit IP DECT instead

i have spoken to Pragma about getting Unifi access points certified with Ascom but they did not seem interested which is strange considering they use Unifi in there office

they only seem to be interested in pushing every one onto the cloud platform

they have dropped the ascom range now i think

Any lg dect solution has always been trash in my years of using them.

i love the unifi platform . its so easy to install and great to set up . and with the mobile app and cloud keys so easy to maintain and monitor .

im not a fan of the IP dect solution either tbh getting the tree to stay in place is a night mare and its not a true lg product they pinched it from some where else lol .

like the cloud platform they are very quick to release a product before actually finishing it and testing it properly.

"they only seem to be interested in pushing every one onto the cloud platform "

yes i find the same . but again i personally dont like the cloud platform. perhaps growing up with on premise stuff makes me biased.

its very expensive seat wise and its always cheaper to bang in a ucp if you have more than ten handsets.

the cloud platform is great from a sales point of view in increasing revenue monthly cash flow . but long term its always cheaper to get a system .

i have a few medium to large customers out there with 100 handsets plus . and i wouldnt dream of putting them on cloud .

but with microsoft pushing 365 subcriptions.

i am wondering when pragma will just admit they are a reseller and not a distributor.

Cheers all

Yes, looks like the Ascom is now not supported, we did purchase one to test and break but never got round to get working to break :-(

We're continuing with a medium spec mobile and app for the time being.

We are using iPECS Cloud UCE Solution for mobile phones which is great.

Agent0007

What mobiles are you supplying? We started using the Samsung A20's but found the processor not good enough. You recommend one? This is for staff that don't have a company mobile and we supply them one for Wi-Fi use only.

Martin!!!
‘Be missed you on LinkedIn. How are you doing?
Regards
Mark Jones

mr jones hows things . im ok dude . just spent the last year building my house lol .

feel free to email me on martinhodge@hotmail.com if you wanna catch up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back