Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LG Aria 300 Voice mail and Auto Attendant configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwwsys

Technical User
Oct 28, 2012
AU
System Info: LG Aria 300
[ul]
[li]VMIBE card installed on an avilable slot[/li]
[/ul]
Q1: How can I configure VMIBE card's Voicemail for the selected station numbers. For example; I want callers able to leave a message for the stations 100, 101 and 102 when no one answered.

Q2: I also found a M2 box as seen in the picture. Can I do Auto Attendant with this box? Where to start? Where the Line 1, 2,3 and 4 should be connected? (Note: We have 4 PSTN lines on LCOB8)
Your help much appreciated.

p1000709wn.jpg

forget the box if you have a vmib.

enable VM for the users in pgm 113 , then from the handsets invoke a busy no answer call forward , dial 554 4

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

oh sorry the vmib can do AA create a table in ccr table 1 pgm 228 ,then record a system announcement in position 1 from attendant phone and turn on disa on your lines and point to vmib 1.

very simplified instructions if you require more let me know.

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

Hi,

I'm sorry but I will need extra simplified instructions :)If you could kindly sample according to data below that would be much appreciated.
1-Internal or External, everyone should be able to leave message to Station 100, 101 and 102 if no one answer!
2-How can I set the VMIB and record the message and configure for Office Hours, Public Holiday closure. For example: For Accounting press 1, General Enquiries Press 2 and After hours and Holiday messages.

Kind regards

Do you have access to admin programmining in ipLDK-300 (Aria 300)?
You need to have this first.
See next answer below.

///doktor

To your Q1 - Enable PGM113 as written before.

To your A2:

Make a forum search for CCR - Customer Call Routing - and you will find Goldkorns like this.

You must use PGM228 for Auto Attendant (i.e. press 1 for sales, press 2 for service).
LG call this feature for CCR, Customer Call Routing.
In PGM228, you chose where to - press 1-9 and 0 should go.
Begin by selecting a welcome message (use one of the system messages 00-70).
Record your message in to the VMIB, VMIB2 or VMIBE board.
When creating the CCR structure, you have these possibilities for transfer:
1 - transfer to an extension number.
2 - transfer to a group.
3 - transfer to a new VMIB message (VMIB announcement).
4 - transfer to a VMIB message, and hang up (info message).
5 - transfer to a speed dialling number. (SPD 2000-3499).
6 - transfer to internal paging.
7 - transfer to external paging. (e.g. loudspeaker system).
8 - transfer to both int. and ext. paging.

This just works fine.

After eanbling this on your VMIB appropriate greetings need to be recorded and the Auto attendant needs to be accessable form the public network (PSTN).
See next answer below.

///doktor

This thread gives you info concerning how to build the ISDN number for the Auto attendant.
You just need to enable the *** marked bullets

PGM231 - very important!
This is the flexible DDI number table...
Use this way to install the DDI table:
Button 3 - Clear DataBase.
Button 2 - Restore Default DataBase.
Button 1 - Create a DDI number. ***

The DDI number can have up to 9 different answer positions, and these can be answered in Day, Night or weekend "places":
The DDI-nummer (000-999) should be entered first.

With Button 1-5 you can enter the following data:

Button 1: DID name,
Button 2: Day answer position.***
Button 3: Night answer position. ***
Button 4: Weekend answer position.***
Button 5: Reroute Destination.

Each of the 3 answer positions (time answer positions) can
have one of these 9 answer places:

1. Extension (station) number.
2. Grouppenumber. (PGM190/191).
3. VMIB (voice message) (00-70).*** This is the link to your programing in PGM228 (auto attendant)
4. VMIB (voice message)with hang up (00-70).
5. Speed dialling number (2000 - 3499).
6. Internal paging(01-10).
7. External paging (1-3).
8. Internal and external paging (1-3).
9. Network number in VoIP solutions.

See more:
thread1613-1607348
See next answer below about recording of greetings.

///doktor

To record the VMIB greeting from the attendants console (it can only be from this handset).

Step 2. Going to attendant and do as following:
- Press [Trans/PGM] 0 6 and select your VMIB message to record (001~100)(ex; 001) (*)
- Press * during heard the existing message.
- You'll heard the sound from your audio player.
- Press # to record.
- Press Hold/Save to save.
With above method you can get the clearly record.

(*) This message or greeting has eg number 020, and in PGM 231 in the DDI table the corresponding PSTN number e.g. 555-1445 must be answered on PGM 231 "445" and the answering point should be VMIB (voice message) 020. This is the link to your programing in PGM228 (auto attendant).
So, if you call in on 555-1445, the call is answered on table (PGM)231 in answering point 445, that contains the greeting recorded as number 20 (020). The greeting is heard and the speaker tells the caller to press one, two or more to be connected to relevant groups or handsets.

Let me know your comments.
(Are you in Australia?)

///doktor

Recording a greeting: (better description):

Step 1. Go to attendants console and do the follow steps:
- Press [Trans/PGM] 0 6 and select your VMIB message to be recorded (001~070)(ex; 001)
- Press # to record.
- Press * to hear the recorded message.

///doktor

Waoow Thanks very much for the extra detailed instructions. I will schedule a task for this and I'll get back to you.
Is it possible to use professionally recorded voices? If yes how can import into VMIB?

No worries, mate.

It is possible.
A very good hint if your VMIB or other wav file recordings suffer from noise or if you do not want to bring the speaker out to the actual site, where the LG PBX is located.
Make a cable with an RJ11 is in the one end and attach that end to the LG keyset system phone.
In the other end solder a mini jack with the cord containing the "handsets speaker" (in some cases pair one, others pair two) to the mini jack plug.
Now you can login to the VMIB and start recoding your wav files directly from your PC to the VMIB.
These recording can be made now in a proffesional recording studio - in a very good quality.

Just use the same way as recording a meesage from the handset.

Step 1. Go to attendants console and do the follow steps:
- Press [Trans/PGM] 0 6 and select your VMIB message to be recorded (001~070)(ex; 001)
- Press # to record.
- Start your sound file on your laptop.
- Press * to hear the recorded message.

///doktor

I made a cable as you have described and attached to the hadnsets socket on the phone and dialled another station to test if they can hear the music that I am playing on the phone but no success. Is there any way to transfer wav files via FTP or TFTP?

he has analogue trunks so programm 231 is not releavant

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)

OK.
Will describe how to fix analogue lines by means of PGM 144, later.

///doktor

If you use analogue lines, you wil have to use PGM144 to set the answering point of these lines.
For line 1: Go to PGM 144 and choose 001-001 (line) and set the answering point to VMIB message e.g. 20.
If the PGM 228 has been programmed well, you should now be able to call in and hear the message recorded in "VMIB 20", and you can test the auto attendant function.

For line 2-> xx, use 002-002 or 0xx-0xx to indicate the lines in PGM144.

///doktor

I still trying to figure out how to transfer pre recorded voice to the VMIBE. Could you give little more detail. I tryed on the digital keyset and dialled other station to test if they paying sound can be heard but nothing. Since I am an electrician I am sure the cable is correctly soldered and prepared.

I normally take the handset apart so I can follow the cables from the RJ11 (Bell connector) to the microphone and the speaker.

Hereafter I follw this description.

A very good hint if your VMIB or other wav file recordings suffer from noise or if you do not want to bring the speaker out to the actual site, where the LG PBX is located.
Make a cable with an RJ11 is in the one end and attach that end to the LG keyset system phone.
In the other end solder a mini jack with the cord containing the "handsets speaker" (in some cases pair one, others pair two) to the mini jack plug.
Now you can login to the VMIB and start recoding your wav files directly from your PC to the VMIB.
These recording can be made now in a proffesional recording studio - in a very good quality.

///doktor

Direct recording stream to vmib is achievable via standard audio in on the rca jack on processor via selcting * then # at prompt. Always works for me a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back