Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lexmark X5150 ( Shutdown )

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebirdf

Technical User
Dec 5, 2006
got a Lexmark X5150: all in one Printer, i installed it and download the software Driver for Microsoft Windows XP from ok and when i go to mark a copy
my computer Shutdown all the time i try to make a copy it shutdown?? i uninstalled reinsall still samething O thing can anyone help my out with my problem I am currently
Running Windows XP sp2 thanks

Hi thebirdf,

I would try to update the windows system again if you haven't already recently, then completely remove the printer software and remove the printer cable from the computer. Reload the software first then connect the printer and try it again.
I did exactly that and I had no problems again.

Let me know how it works,

Jediwarrior

Does the copy still go through even though your computer shuts down or does the copy stop as well?

What I am wanting to know is if you have multiple things in the surge protector and you run a copy does it shutdown your monitor, speakers, etc. or just the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back