Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

lexmark network scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midiean

IS-IT--Management
Jul 18, 2001
US
I've got a lexmark X432n multifunction machine that i am unable to setup network scanning profiles on users systems due to not having the default password to the multifunction machine. I'm still looking on the net for this information, but if anyone happens to know what it is, i'd appriciate a post.

Thanks

Quote from a search:

We accidentally set a bad password on a Lexmark X422 and I couldn't find the procedure to reset it anywhere. I contacted Lexmark support and they sent me the steps to get into the configuration menu where you can reset the printer back to factory defaults.

1. Press and hold the Start and Stop buttons and turn on the printer.
2. Hold the buttons down until “Performing Self Test” is displayed on the LCD.
3. Release the buttons and “Configuration Menu” is displayed.
4. Scroll to the RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULTS item on the menu and press select.
5. Now scroll to RESTORE BASE and press select this sould reset your network card password. There is also a RESTORE NETWORK, this will erase the network configuration but will not reset the password.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

but what is the default password. That is where my problem lies.

Ah, my apologies.

I assume you have tried the usual?

admin/admin
admin/password
admin/lexmark
admin/
administrator/administrator
administrator/password
administrator/lexmark
administrator/
lexmark/lexmark
lexmark/password
lexmark/

etc.

"We can categorically state that we have not released man-eating badgers into the area" - Major Mike Shearer

Have you tried no user name (if you have to enter one) and a blank password?

How about giving Lexmark support a call. What country/city are you in?

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

tried all the usernames and passwords i could think of, including those listed. i haven't given lexmark a call yet. The printer isn't resetting based on the instructions here. i'm still getting the configured tcp/ip settings that were set.

i guess the real question is, what key combonation blows away the entire configuration and sets everything back to initial install

I think that its time that you give Lexmark or you Lexmark account manager a call.

Another option would be to post this question (with a link to this thread) in -General printer discussion Forum
forum929

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back