Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lexmark - 80 Schedule Maintainance message 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamuelBiddulph

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2003
US
I have a Lexmark Optra T614 laser printer displaying in the message window on the printer that it requires a scheduled maintaince - the status code with the message is 80.

I've actually performed the maintaince (removal/installation of new fuser/rollers/pick-up wheels) but i still get the message.

How do i get rid of it?

It's been a while since I've used an Optra T, but if memory serves, you access the Maintenance Menu by powering off the printer, and holding 'GO' and 'RETURN' on the printer's Front panel while you power on the unit.

In that Maintenance Menu there should be an option to reset the service counters and clear the 80 error.

Hope this helps! If I'm mistaken, I apologize.

/* evanlent */

Unfortunatly i've gone down that route but there doesn't appear to be anywhere to 'reset' the service counters or however it registers that it needs a service.

Howdy,
Press and hold select and return buttons at power up.
after one beep,hit Go once. Scroll to Reset Maint. Ct.
Press select once. Press select once more, clears to 0's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back