Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Level 2 password 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrytele

IS-IT--Management
Aug 21, 2001
GB
Does everybody have trouble getting the level 2 password out of their supplier. We have been taken over by a larger multinational and the system manager has access to the level 2 password for all of the other systems in the network. Our supplier (who will remain nameless) said no. Implied that it was a policy between them and Nortel and that it was to protect us from ourselves... Is this usual??

Hello Terry,
Yes it is usual but you should still be able to get your password from them. Don't forget you are still the customer. You pay them and you own the PBX.

I recently (last week) had to get this done for all my sites. I put in the request and they proceed to get 3 out of 5 sites done. But they ended up corrupting our software for one of our sites. It was dead for 4 hours. No Dial tone....Nada! Be very careful when requesting this and have them perform a Remote Backup not just an EDD! Make sure they do it after hours. They had to reload all of our software and database. It was a nightmare to say the least. After all is said and done, I still don't have the second level for that site! fun fun fun.

As far as they should be concerned, if you want to take apart you PBX for fun and need the second level password to do it, its not their problem. As long as you own the PBX's and don't expect them to fix it if it breaks. Their concern comes in when they give away the 2nd level password, then the customer Fudges up the system and expects them to come in a fix it for free. They do have a point but regardless they shouldn't say no to you, they should just bill you.

Good Luck

-=Rick Cruz=-
Editor
Rick Cruz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back