Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Letters with macrons

Status
Not open for further replies.

okscout

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
US
I have a document that uses a character that looks like a lower case e with a line over it. I'm using Century Schoolbook although that is probably not relevant.
Before Service Pack 2, I could type the character (which exists in the Unicode Character set) by pressing Alt e. Then I was persuaded to update the operating system and I lost that capability although I can still copy the character from the character map utility and paste it into most application documents. BUT NOT FrameMaker.
Someone suggested the WGL Assitant which did allow me to copy and paste the character into Frame, but that little program killed itself after 45 days and I've had no luck contacting the creator to pay him his $10 and get a licence.
I've tried building a charater tag which overlined an e, but the over line is too far from the letter. Does anyone have another suggestion or workaround that will produce this character at 10 pt in Frame?
Thank you for any input you might have,
Nancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back