Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Letter templates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGP1

Technical User
May 4, 2005
GB
Hi - I'm new to Goldmine and am having a number of basic issues. The main one being letter templates.
I have imported a number of goldmone templates into the document centre, but do not want the templates to be altered - can I lock the template so although it continues to draw the record information through, it can not be altered by mistake. Despite giving instructions not to save changes after printing or alter fields, everyday another template stops working and I have to redo the whole template, every field, again. - its driving me NUTS
Any ideas please!!!!!!!

SGP1 (sorry had to register as 'Technical User' as 'Confused/Stressed not avaliable on user list)

Have you tried making them read only? Also, make that directory and all it's files read only to the users. That save 'feature' could be a result of the GMLink acting up...........again.

Hi,

Try sticking the templates in thepublic sector. Once a template gets merged to, a new document is created, and should not affect the template. By using the public sector, people can't alter the templates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back