Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Letter of Resignation. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGTRawlins

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2004
US
Hi Ladies & Gents,

Just about to make my first career move to a different firm, i have never before written a resination letter, does any one have any suggestions for its content.

Cheers, Rob

Look here:
thread654-805302
thread654-761294

[blue]"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two headed beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern conveniences,...but the other head of science is BAD! Oh, beware the other head of science, Arthur; it bites!!" - The Tick[/blue]

As an FYI, the "best" letter ever for resignation in the previous post is a hoax. But very humerous -- I know some who would love to use it.

Try not to burn any bridges when you leave.
Ensure a smooth transition for your replacement.

As per the letter, keep it objective, professional, and business like. It will become a legal document.

Keeping it simple is the best plan. Something like:
<date>
Dear <bossname>:

I have decided to pursue other career opportunities, and hereby tender my resignation. In accord with general industry practice, I intend my last day of employment with <companyname> to be <two weeks from now>.

Signed,
<your sig in ink>

Chip H.

Make sure to note that you want paid for your unused vacation (if any). Most employers will not have a problem paying you for vacation since at most companies you accrue it.

Swi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back