Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Let's speak of Interbase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonix

IS-IT--Management
Apr 18, 2003
IT
As a user or a programmer using Interbase... what are your experience? What's the major problem and what's the best merit that you've seen so far?
Have you ever seen your Interbase sit down on a particolar date or when a some amount of size is reached?

I'm new in programming with Interbase and for now all seems good and beautiful... but tomorrow what I've to expect?

This could very useful for me and for all the other, IMHO.

Bye.

Leonardo Mattioli
Chief Program Manager
Z Forge snc -

Hi there,

InterBase is a great database engine. One thing to be aware of is that transactions should be as short as possible, mind you - you're also using a transaction for READing stuff.

Another thing, test your application with a filled database and evaluate all your queries to see if they are fast enough. InterBase has some quirks in it's query optimizer that can (usually) be worked around. The InterBase team at Borland is aware of the problem and is working to improve the optimizer...

Martijn Tonies
Database Workbench - the developer tool for InterBase and Firebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back