Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Let server send e-mail when it shuts down from battery backup power

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoemp

Programmer
Sep 25, 2002
BE
Hi

We're having trouble here with our power supply because there are people working on the power network in our area. Sometimes our server (HP proliant with W2003 SBS and Exch2003) goes on backup power and when the battery is low, our powerchute software shuts down our server. I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and now I'm a bit worried because of the situation. Is there a way I can let the server send me an e-mail when it shuts down? Preferrably for free...

Thanks

Steven

Powerchute has an option to e-mail built in, you just have to tell it which SMTP server to use. Of course your network switch and router to the outside world have to be powered on to get the mail out.

Neill

Neill

Apparently I have a lighter version of powerchute where this option is not available. But the second part of your message seems more important to me. Our switches and router are not on backup power, so this won't work anyway.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back