Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

less data takes up more room!

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwtaylor

MIS
Jan 3, 2002
GB
We have been running Veritas 7.3 on an NT server for ages & it worked fine. Then suddenly we started getting "Loading Media" as the job status instead of "Successful". When I put a new tape in the job status changed back to "Running", and the job finished normally & the status said "Successful". What I don't get is this - the byte count for this job which needed 2 tapes is 38gig - but we have run loads of successful backups on one tape which have been 44gig. Why does it need 2 tapes to backup less data than it needed for 1?

Could be the type of data... If it consists of more compressed files like jpg's or exe's rather than .doc files or others that compress more this could be the reason. I am assuming you have compression turned on.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back