Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leopard: Where is iPhone & iLife?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCInfoman

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2005
US
I just bought Leopard and upgraded my OS X10.3.9 to the latest and greatest.

I was under the understanding that iPhoto and iLife came with Leopard. Am I wrong?

I do not see it on my dock and I do not see it in the Applications folder either.

I see iCal, iChat, iDVD, iMovie, iSync and iWork, but no iPhoto or iLife. I also see Photo Booth.

Ideas?

Let me re-state this as I was partially wrong. I do not see iLife, but I do see iPhoto.

When I run iPhoto, I get the following error message:
------------
You can't open the application "iPhoto.app" because it is not supported in this architecture.
------------
I know that most likely means that I do not have the minimum hard requirements to run it. Am I wrong? What are the requirements?

iLife is not included in 10.5 but I was able to install it from my 10.4 DVD. I think it was taken out to persuade people to buy iLife 08

When I was born I was so suprised I didn't talk for 18 months

I gave Apple Support a call and they confirmed what you said. It seems that the error message I got was due to me running iPhoto from my 10.3.9 OS and that is flat-out not compatible. The tech there did not know about that particular error message. iLife and iPhoto are NOT part of the 10.5.2 (Leopard) OS at all. Some computer may come with it, but the install disks do not.

I just deleted the iPhoto.app file so I do not forget and go through this again.

Thanks

If you insert the 10.3.9 install dvd and browse it you should be able to find the iphoto, iweb, idvd and garageband apps and copy them straight into your application folder. This is what I did after installing 10.5

Although I orignally had 10.4 so I don't know if 10.3 has ilife included.

But I was just to understand that iPhoto from 10.3.9 was not compatible with 10.5.2. Am I wrong?

Don't know about 10.3 but I'm running iphoto from 10.4 on my 10.5.2 macbook.

PCinfoman - it's probably easiest to spend the $80 to get iLife.

As you heard, iLife ships with new Macs but if you want a newer version you have to buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back