Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lenovo T420 audio stops working with Windows 7 updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

djaustin907

Technical User
Jan 3, 2015
US
A few months ago, I began having an issue where the audio stopped working on a Lenovo T420 laptop with Window 7 64-bit. I've reloaded w7 64-bit numerous times on it and had audio until installing certain windows updates. System restore did not resolve the issue. I re-loaded windows again and this time skipped installation (and hid the updates) of these two "Important" updates:

[ol 1][li]KB2685811 - Kernel-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2[/li]
[li]KB2685813 - User-Mode Driver Framework version 1.11 update for Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2[/li]
[/ol]

I've been able to proceed with installing all other updates and to date have had no more audio issues.

Hopefully this will provide relief to others who have experienced similar issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back