Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Lenovo T410 with a Dock and 2 External Monitors 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumichaelf

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2011
US
Hello All,

While I think I already know the answer to this, I have a Lenovo T410 with a dock (1 VGA & 1 DVI output) and 2 external 22" monitors. I successfully have the external monitors running, but I cannot get the laptop monitor to work in conjunction with both external monitors. Is there a way, without buying additional hardware, to make the laptop monitor work in conjunction with the external monitors, so I can have 3 displays?

Thanks,

Michae

If this is the Mini dock 3, This from Lenovo: Three video ports:

Any two, of the three, video ports can be used simultaneously:
ThinkPad systems with NVIDIA Optimus technology: ThinkPad display is enabled. For more information: NVIDIA Optimus - ThinkPad Multiple Monitor Configurations
ThinkPad systems with integrated graphics, or other discrete graphics: Disables the ThinkPad display. The ThinkPad display is blank.
VGA analog monitor supporting 1920 x 1200 resolution
One Single-Link DVI-D digital monitor supporting 1920 x 1200 resolution
Single-Link DVI-D port does not support attachment of a DVI-to-VGA monitor adapter.
One DisplayPort monitor supporting 2560 x 1600 resoltion
Supports attachment (compatibility varies by ThinkPad system) of DisplayPort monitor cables; Using DisplayPort monitor cables reduces resolution to 1920 x 1200
Fn+F7 will cycle through the different display options.

That was the answer I expected, but I was hoping someone had a work-around to get all 3 going. My laptop has a Intel video card.

Thanks,

-Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back