Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legit Email being sent to Junk Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpvone

MIS
Aug 16, 2001
US
I have a very puzzling situation with one of my end users, who happens to also be the CEO of the company. Whenever this one specific user - in marketing - sends him an email, the email is being dumped into hi junk mail folder. The marketing user is in the same domain, and in the GAL. The ceo has no rules or filters that I can find which would cause this. I need to resolve this as he has missed some crucial emails. Any ideas??

Thanks,
Dan

For a tempoary solution you can create a rule in outlook to move the mail from this particular person in to the Inbox, or another specified folder. This will at least give you some time to find the real cause.

Question.. Does your CEO have the Adult Content Junk rule running? If so he may have accidently flagged it as adult content when adding others to the list. I have seen this happen to a few people in my office. If so you can check by going under tools - organize - Junk E-Mail - Go to the click here for more options - Click on junk sender/adult content list to edit. Hope this helps.

Goner05

~To most people a computer is an $1,800.00 deck of cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back