Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend Processor Upgrade to CK5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
I’m running a Merlin Legend Rel 7 in my home, rel 7. I want to get a spare processor card and have seen several low cost Merlin Magic CK5 processors on eBay. From what I read on this forum, I can mount the Magix processor in a Legend clam shell, then do a Restore to the CK5 processor with the backup from the Legend, with full compatibility and all station programming restored.

My question is will the 408 GS/LS ATL board still work (this supports the classic Merlin sets)?

Are there any issues with the other boards I’m using: 408 GS/LS-ID-MLX, 016 ETR, 016 T&R w/ Ring Gen, 012 T&R w/ Ring Gen, and 391C1 Power boards?

Thanks, Jim

While the Magix doesn't support ATL sets, it does support 4400 series phones. [smile]

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Jim

I believe we can load R7.0 - V4.0 on a CKE5 processor in a Legend clamshell and the 408 ATL will still work ...

I think that the R7.0 - V14.2 (the latest Legend SW release before Magix 1.0) - was when the support for ATL ended ... and the 016RG and 016MLX mod support started.

I can check my old Legend docs if you don't have an R7.0 - V14.2 install manual.

Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back