Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

legend placement issue in the chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

forumguy

MIS
Feb 5, 2007
US
Hi Guys,

1)I am using crystal developer 10, the legend in the chart does not move to the place where I want it to be. Although in designer it shifts to the place where I drag it but in the preview it does not. Moreover in preview it shifts randomely at any place and appears at a different place in each chart(the chart is in a group).

2)I want to change the shape of each marker in the legend to diamond, circle, cross etc. But when I right click and format a marker, all the markers change to same shape.(not able to give different shapes to different markers like in excel).

Appreciate your comments

Thanks

The charts are a bit odd in that it appears you can do some 'universal' changes on the design page, but you can also do some individual chart-specific changes on each chart while in preview. Have you tried this?
It may not work for you if the report is intended to be run automatically, but if it's a one-time thing, or a report you will run manually each time, this may be an option for you.

Pelajhia, Tried on your hints, but the problem exists. why dont each chart allign the way its done universally? i dont think that crystal will release the product with such bug. Did you encounter such a problem in charts?

Yes, the reports is to be scheduled in crystal enterprise to run automatically.

Anymore ideas?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back