Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend MLM 1.0 OOS PW recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidJ1013

Technical User
Mar 20, 2013
US
Hello

As I am sure this has been asked a thousand times but I havent seen a solution. Is there anyway to recover admin pw when connected via com port on mlm 1.0. Everything on this unit seems to have been replaced new hd and clamshell. So there is no visible serial numbers. I have also tried the Access Manager last 6 of serial number I saw when loading. Obviously these units are not deployed often other than maintenance for bad hd's or port cards. But does anyone have any advice.

Thanks ahead of time

Is it a MLM, or a Merlin Messaging 1.0 ?
MLM can be reset using the serial number, take a look at
thread689-578986

As for Merlin Messaging 1.0, you might be able to find the backdoor password, but your best bet,
give Merlinman a call (you can find his number on his site he was able to remote in and reset my Messaging 4.0 in under 5 minutes, not free, but cheaper than Avaya(if they still even do it).

When Linux is Free and Open, who needs Windows or Gates?

Thanks it is a 007 MLM 1.0 the old Legend Mail. Thank you for the link I followed some steps it worked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back