Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend ETR Board Replacement 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
BING_gkqv9b.png

The only ETR board in my Legend system just died, and this was the only board I didn't have spares on. On eBay I found a Merlin Magix 016 ETR board. Can this be installed in the Legend as is, or can it be converted using an empty Legend 'clam shell'? Any memories on the ETR board's reliability (installed in a Legend Rel 7)?

When I replace the board with an identical unit, do I have to do anything else, like a Board Renumber (the board is in the last position of a two-cabinet system) Thanks!

As a test, I asked the new Bing chatbot:

I believe that the two boards are interchangeable. Open the clamshell and switch the boards. I would, indeed, do a Board Renumber. Unlike the T/R, I don't remember any issues with the ETR.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Thanks Dexman for replying. The replacement ETR board arrives later this week. Since you mentioned the T&R boards, I have a few of the 12 and 16 T&R with ring generators installed. So far I haven't had any issues. Now I'm wondering!

Legend and Magix are pretty much the same thing except for the form factor. You can even use a flash card to update yours to Magix 4.0 software. I've taken many of the component-only Magix cards and stuck them in a clamshell, including ETR, T1, 412, etc. As I remember there are two clamshell types. So if your ETR doesn't fit in the one you have, you need the other variety. The difference between the two has to do with the offset in the opening where the blade sticks out.

Tim Alberstein

The T/R trouble is covered by Change Notice 1288B from 6/18/2001. I remember reading that the only resolution is to replace the board. I think that Tim (dagwoodsystems) revealed that the problem was a hardware issue.

I [love2] "FEATURE 00

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back