Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

LEGEND ALWAYS FRIES AN 012

Status
Not open for further replies.

andyphones

Vendor
Nov 20, 2009
US
I have a school customer with a Legend R3 which every few months cooks an 012 with ring generator. It does have 2 extensions which go to another building on campus, but are not on this particular board and go through an OPRE. The board that fries is always the same slot. anything I can do to stop this, and is there a part on the cooked board that I can replace?? The board is totally dead, no talk battery. Thanks

I'd be willing to bet there could be an "OUT OF BUILDING" extension on this board that you've missed.

That's what makes the most sense.

Also, using a VOM, with one side connected to ground, look out towards the Telephone of each of the extensions and see if there is any foreign voltage.

For that test an ANALOG VOM would be better than a Digital.

-merlinmansblog.blogspot.com

I would also check that you can verify all ports that are being used on that 012 are actually being used (make sure only verified extensions are plugged into the board). It could be an old location that has been cut and now is shorting the board out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back