Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legend - 2 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim E

Technical User
Jun 6, 2017
US
Question 1

I’m running a Legend Rel 7 in key mode. I’m using the supported DSS console from the Merlin II system (not the DSS adjunct that would be connected to the system console.)

- The console is programmed as one of the two Operator positions.
- My numbering plan is 0 thru 25 (MLX & Merlin sets) and 500 thru 625 (T&R stations).
- For programming the DSS, I set page 1 stating at 500, page 2 starting at 550 and page 3 at 600 (followed TouchTone Tommys instructions)

Here is my problem… the DSS does not completely recognize the paging ranges I entered. The console has 3 pages of 30 buttons. The DSS layout won't change and shows stations 1 thru 25, followed by 500, 501, etc. for Page 1. I’d like it to start at 500 and ignore 1 thru 25. Any suggestions?

Question 2

After running the Legend trouble free for over 4 years, I got my first Alarm light. No obvious impact to the system's operation. The error code was 404 which I could not find in any manuals. Looking at the log, there was only one instance of this error. I cleared the error, the Alarm light went out and restarted the system. So far, it has not repeated. Any ideas for this error?

Thanks for helping out on this old workhorse of a system!

As I recall, you could just renumber the Console with Page 1 starting with 500.

I must admit, I'm a bit confused with how you have the Console connected, but what I suggested should work.

- A L A R M -

I remember that they could have an alarm but usually they meant nothing.

Is this unit mounted on a wall with a door on it?

I ask because sometimes the vibration of the door opening and closing, can, over time cause things to get loose.

But either way, I would Power it down, take out and then put back each and every module AND reseat the memory card.

One last thing, make sure your auto back up is on and set for weekly.

Thanks for reviewing Merlinman. The 'console' I'm using is the analog Merlin console (7318H01A). Station 0 is the 20 button MLX set with no DSS attached. Both stations show as "Operator" when going into programming mode. As you suggested, I have Page 1 set at 500, Page 2 at 550 and Page 3 at 600. The DSS buttons start at 10 thru 25 (10-17 for the MLX stations & 18-25 for the Merlin ATL stations), then after the DSS key for station 25, the next DSS is for 500. My numbering plan starts 500 for all my T&R boards).

It looks like Merlin console doesn't recognize the Paging sequence set up, and defaults to the numbering plan, starting with the first extension. Does the Paging setup in system programming only work for the MLX DSS console or am I missing something?

Regarding the ALARM, I have the 2 cabinet Legend mounted on a wall with no covers, The Alarm light has not reappeared yet nor any transient errors. I'll add reseating the cards to my troubleshooting next time.

Hi, In response to the questions....

As far as the Console not recognizing the Paging, is the Paging in a line port?
The Console is plugged into an ATL station jack.
By Page, I'm referring to the three page buttons that determine the extensions that the DSS displays. I have Page 1 set to start at ext 500, Page 2 at 550, etc.

I've been rereading Legend manuals, and everything seems to indicate that the system programming to determine the extensions assigned to each of the 3 page buttons only applies to the Legend's MLX DSS (which is 50 buttons). I tried different reprogramming steps with no change on the Merlin ATL console. It assigns extensions to the DSS buttons based on the numbering plan and ignores the parameters for the MLX DSS, starting at the lowest number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back