Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato networker 7.5 sp1 using almost 100% cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.

LioriK

IS-IT--Management
Jan 21, 2008
IL
Hi All,

I'm using legato 7.5 sp1 on HP proliant 380 G4 with 4GB RAM.
My robot is adic i2000 with 4 drives.

When i'm starting full backup with 100 clients my cpu usage is almost 100%, the sessions on every tape is 12, 2 month before i used the same hardware and the same OS and i did't see 100% cpu useage.

Can you please advice?

I really don't know what to do.

Thanks, Lior.

Hi Lior, may be the %cpu usage is due to I/O wait. If you have more clients the I/O to the tape, or other media such a disk, may be greater and the %idle of the cpu's are minor.

I think you speaking about backup server

If you are using unix OS you can use top command to see it.

have you clients as Storage Nodes? they write directly to the jukebox and no load the I/O on the backup server.

On unix OS, like solaris, you can see the data transfer to any device with iostat command

If nothing of this happens, you can see the amount of cpu usage per proccess with top and see what proccess are using the CPU to identify the procces that high use the CPU.

I hope this help you

regards

Mahalingam

hi Mahalingam,

I'm using windows 2003 server on the backup server and my clients are not configure as Storage Nodes they are first speaking with the backup server.

hi Lior, i think you must need know what process have high usage of CPU. If the process is not a legato process you must check if this behaivor is normal.

You can see the amount of CPU per process with task administrator in your Win2003 server

regards

Hi,

I checked wich process is taking the cpu usage and i found that nsrmmd is taking must of the cpu utilization.

Please adive what should i do.

Thanks, Lior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back