Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

legato incremental restore not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

yolly12

MIS
Mar 21, 2005
Hopefully I can explain this properly.

I am a MSSQL/Goldmine admin and on my production box I am running SQL 2000 SP4/GoldMine 6.7.

Legato Networker client is installed on this server. I know that Legato is not the latest version but the version under it. (sorry I am not the network admin so I don't know version)

SQL does a maintenance and full backup every night at 3:00 a.m. thru a standard maintenance plan in Enterprise mgr. Legato does a full backup at 11:00 p.m. and it does incremental backups every 4 hours throughout the work day.

Our problem is coming in when we tried to restore the incremental backups. The tape was giving an LDS error. The tech says that we can't do incremental SQL backups in which I said no problem - we never did. but according to the logs, there are gaps and that is why the error occurs. There is nothing in SQL that resets logs or purges. I am a total packrat. It resets when I reset it.

They were able to do a restore on the server. It was CopyOfblahblah db. We went after a particular day and somehow ended up with partial data from every day AFTER that date and only partial data from that date the tape that was restored. No other tapes were in the silo. I questioned how can this be and there are no answers.

Would anyone have any idea of how this can happen and why the incrementals do not restore (but the full backup restored no problems)

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back