Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato ERD Disk Creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbitto

MIS
May 2, 2000
US
Is there an easy way to create Windows NT 4.0  Server ERD disks from Legato? We are at Legato version 5.2.1.  Any assistance would be very greatly appreciated.

You are at a pretty old release. I believe NetWorker is now at 5.5.1 (Shipping).<br><br>Anyways, with version 5.5.x there is an option (from the winworkr.exe) for Registry and Repairdsk. If you select both thoses options, as well as the system partition, you can then do a sucessful disaster recovery.<br><br>Hope this helps,<br><br>Helios316

Thank you for the response.&nbsp;&nbsp;We are currently at 5.5.1, my mistake.&nbsp;&nbsp;When I restore the files necessary to create the ERD disk, do I need to make the floppy disk bootable prior to restoring the registry / repairdisk / system partition ?&nbsp;&nbsp;

You would need to format a floppy disk (FAT) and then make it bootable, prior to restoring your ERD information from tape.<br><br>Although, I am not sure if the files are automatically overwritten, or copied with a .R extension.<br><br>Even if they are, all you need to do is delete the pre restore versions, and rename the .R versions (if neccessary)<br><br>My $0.02<br><br>Helios3

Hi,<br><br>I've run into some issues with at least 1 file being to big to fit on a floppy.. What I would do...&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Restore the repair disk data to a seperate directory on the hard drive and copy all necessary items to the formated floppy..&nbsp;&nbsp;Repair disks are not bootable, so you would have to select the repair option from NT's install and go from there.<br><br>My experiences anyway..&nbsp;&nbsp;Hope it helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back