Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato directive error message 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkapsak

MIS
Aug 5, 2004
US
I want to exclude sapdata, origlog, and mirrlog directories in each of the 9 SAP instances.

This is a snippet of the directive which doesn't work:

<< /oracle/BWD/sapdata2 >>
+skip: .?* *

I am getting the following message during the backup:

save: ignored bad ASM argument '.?*' in file stdin directives
save: ignored bad ASM argument '*' in file stdin directives

Can someone show me the correct syntax needed on the save line?

Thanks, Mike

You seem to have gotten the wildcards a bit wrong, try this instead.

+skip: * .?*

Cheers!
Maverick

The sequence should not matter. However, i think there might be a 'hidden' character.

May i suggest that you copy a the 'action' line from another directive to avoid typos.

We are using this directive:

<< / >>
+skip: *.data*
+skip: *.dbf

First skip skips all data files in the sapdata directories. Only directories are backed up. All the sap-systems have the same structure of datafiles:

for example /oracle/XXX/sapdata5/btabd_14/btabd.data14

Second skips mirrlogs, origlogs and ARCHIVE logs. If you want to include archive logs to the filesystem backup just dont use second skip. origlogs and mirrlogs are rather small but they can produce some "file changed during save" etc.

IMHO this is the best solution. One directive does it all. No client specific directives needed.

THanks everyone. A forgotten ' : ' was discovered on two of my skip lines. I added them in and now I'm excluding what I don't want to back up. Your help is appreciated!

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back