Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato 7.6 - Monitoring Screen not showing any Groups / Devices etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSMCBackup

Technical User
Apr 24, 2003
GB
Hi,

As of Monday, our Legato 7.6 install has stopped working. Backups from the weekend ran mostly ok, but on Monday morning some backups show as interrupted / failed (including the Bootstrap of the backup server).

So as of now, we cannot see any info in our Monitoring tab. No groups, no devices etc. The rest of the program seems to be running ok though.

Has anyone come across this? A link on Powerlink said to try and recreate the nsr/temp folder but this made no odds.

Its running on Windows 2008 Server R2.

What happens if you restart the services, including the NMC (gstd)?

Same. Server has been rebooted, services cycled - all of them, JAva cache cleared,accessed networker server via the WebGui on a client server (win 2k3).

No change :(

The question is whether this is a NetWorker or a NMC problem. I guess the NMC software.

Why don't you uninstall it completely and re-install it again.

I agree with 605 and would take it one step further:
Windows 2008R2 is a 64Bit OS, nmc is purely 32 Bit.
So separate your nmc from the backupserver. Use a 32 Bit Windows client instead. I would prefer W2k03.
You have to install the Networker client on this machine, but if you dont save this client you do not waste license.

Networker 7.6 is not supported on W2k08R2 its only supported on 2008 or 2003. If you want to use W2k08R2 the only supported Version is 7.5SP2.

This was resolved by renaming one of the folders (the job queue) as it had become corrupt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back