Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legato 6.2 (W2k) and Exchange savesets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speridal

IS-IT--Management
Dec 4, 2002
DE
Hi @all,

we have legato networker v6.2 running under windows 2000 and set up an online backup of our exchange servers with Networker Module for exchange V3.1.
When we use the MSEXCH: saveset you cannot restore your backups. It seems to be a bug in this version.
I changed the saveset to MSEXCH:IS and everything works fine now.
If you have a SRS or KMS storage groups you have to backup MSEXCH:SRS and MSEXCH:KMS as well.

I've opened a call at orchestra and I'll keep you informed whether there is a patch available or not.

Hi,

we had problems with mailbox backup (exchange sp2) networker module 3.1.

Applied Exchange SP3 and backup worked fine. cyberted

okay, here is an update. I was wrong when saying that i cannot restore the MSEXCH: saveset. I cannot restore any backup which was made before the last full backup. I can't find a reason why. Last week I could restore the backup of the weekend before. This week I can't.

Networker User for Exchange just hangs after saying that the target databases can be overwritten by a restore. In xbsa.messages there is a loop. Networker tries to find the correct saveset for the restore process. The error message which is repeated multiple times each second is the following:

BSA_RC_NO_MATCH The createTimeUB predicate value of Sun Feb 09 08:36:22 2003 does not match the reference value of Fri Feb 21 04:12:13 2003

I don't have any idea to solve this issue. We are using Networker 6.2 on W2k SP3 and exchange module 3.1.
Our exchange cluster has SP3. Browse and retention policies are set to four weeks.

Thx4help!

Hi Speridal
we are suffering from exactly the same problem at the moment! Did you find a solution for it?
Thanks for your help
Mansn

Hi,

I recommand you die Exchange Module 3.1.82.

See also Thread "Networker 7.0/ Exchange 5.5"

Everything works fine with this build.

Bye

cyberted

Hi cyberted
thanks for your hint, do you also know where I can get this file from? We are using Build 3.1.0.74, and this is the build we can download from Legatos webpage.
Mansn

try ftp://ftp.legato.com/outgoing/NMExch_31_82/
or post your e-mail.

cyberted

would be great if you could send it to 1154@onlinehome.de

sorry, wrong e-mail, this is the right one:
1154-36@onlinehome.de

send to 1154-36@onlinehome.de

cyberted

thank you very much, i will let you know whether it works

It looks like this did not help, the error message in xbsa.messages is still the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back