Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legal Size Report Only Shows Letter Size

Status
Not open for further replies.

msdbsql

Technical User
Nov 22, 2004
US
Crystal 8.5 PRO

I originally created this report over a year ago to do monthly data extractions from a SQL database. The number of fields required for this report made it legal size; landscape. The report has run fine in this size. Each month the report is executed and exported to PDF format.

Now for some reason I cannot get the report back to LEGAL size; in DESIGN and PREVIEW mode it shows it at the standard LETTER size landscape with the remaining columns and fields cut off. This obviously affects the exporting as well.

Please let me know what I am missing. Printer Setup; I adjusted the print properties to Legal/Landscape. I went down to 80% from 100% for Printing. However when I return back to these properties they have changed back to default.

None of these options seem to make a difference. Is there some other area within Crystal Reports I need to look at to change this report back to legal/landscape. It is on a shared server; so it possible that it has been changed. At this point I don't know what I need to do to change it back; my only option I have at this point is to rebuild it from scratch; I have other LEGAL size reports that are doing the same thing; but hopefully I can get some other option here.

Perhaps someone changed the printer configuration so that the printer cannot use a legal type?

Almost all Windows programs render based on the printer, so make sure that the printer driver still exists on the server.

-k

I will need to check since this printer has been moved and is no longer in the building. To be clear is my ability to print in LEGAL directly related to the printer; if so is there anyway around that? What if no printer was selected? Would I be able to select any paper orientation?

I know this much: Crystal picks up whatever the properties of your windows default printer. So if you are developing a report for legal/landscape for other users you don't really need to have that printer, but you do need the driver for it on your pc, and to select it when developing and saving the report. I have used this approach many times when developing for others.

The world is full of good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back