Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legacy SyDOS Puma 105 - looking for DOS drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

crackinttosh

Technical User
Feb 8, 2018
MD
I need retrieving some important files that were saved on an OLD SyDOS Puma 105 EUR.
I have for this an old AT 286 with all necessary.
Please... help me to find drivers for this SyDOS PUMA 105 external MO drive.
Thank you!!!

7_gl7ruq.jpg

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d4e2e39d-bd63-4abc-bde7-c1c4c892ed42&file=7.jpg
This is a lesson in bringing your old backup media/backups into the present vs. thinking you can always go back and be able to access it. Stuff stored in closets for years can't just be trotted out and plugged into modern equipment. Tapes get crusty and deteriorate in hot closets. Tape drives that used to work, don't. It's hard to find

Not specific to this poster, but it's probably smart to do something like this before retiring a backup solution:
Restore from media to a hard drive and store in a climate controlled location OR
Restore and backup to the cloud (an ongoing expense). It's tough to find 8" floppy disk or drives!!!

"Living tomorrow is everyone's sorrow.
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back