Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legacy Sun SPARC server parts 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulGCB

Vendor
Apr 7, 2010
GB
Hello there,

This is probably a long shot and I'm not 100% sure it's the kind of thing to be posted but I'm running out of ideas and suppliers, I'm currently looking to purchase some very very very old Sun SPARC server parts.

Sun SPARC 630MP, SPARC 670MP and SPARC 690MP system boards, part number are 501-1686, 501-1894, 501-2055 and 501-2056.

If anyone has any ideas where I can find these legacy parts it would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Paul John

Hi Paul. Sorry I can't help you, but you may like to consider posting in Forum60 which tends to have more traffic than this Forum. Where are you based? Have you tried Sun/Oracle themselves?

The internet - allowing those who don't know what they're talking about to have their say.

Up until the early 2000's Sun had a lot of older parts still floating around in the stocking locations. Afterwards the logisitics folks had to become more cost conscious about getting rid of EOL parts. It is a good idea to contact Sun and request help from the local Service Manager, they can search the inventory of the stocking locations for the parts you need. In all honesty you may have better luck on ebay though.

We may have some of the stuff you are looking for. I'll check it out and let you know.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back