Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legacy Report - Printing Totals Only problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TinLegs

Programmer
Jan 14, 2003
NZ
Hi all

I have a legacy app (6.1) where a report counts the number of a clubs members for each different member type defined then it prints the various member types and there member totals only (no detail) in a surround break group footer.

The Problem:
The report works fine until the records exceed around 3,000. If greater than 3,000 not all the totals are printed. It appears to be something to do with the space generated for the detail section in the print engine?

The process seems to generate the totals correctly because if I print them to separate pages they are all there.

The detail section on the report is blank (no variables).

I have tried all combinations of WITHPRIOR/AFTER and Page after etc. with no joy.

I note one trick is to make the detail section height zero, maybe this works in ABC? but for legacy no totals print at all if I do this.

Have,nt got much hair left to pull out!

Just in case it's of any help to other users with this issue I have solved the problem by creating a new report. In my case I now read the Member Types file (normally very few records) and have the report LOOP through the Members file to count the members assigned to each type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back