Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Legacy DTS packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalitha1

Programmer
Oct 14, 2008
US
Hi,

We are doing side by side migartion from SQL server 2000 to SQl server 2005. We have 50 DTS packages. Can someone tell me how to move all these DTS packaes to SSIS environment and put them under Management studio > Legacy > Data Transformation Services.

I would like to rewrite them later but for now want to move all of them under Legacy folder. Appreciate your help.

Thanks

Thanks. My 2000 DTS packages even after I moved them under Legacy (into sql 2005) still point to serverA (old server), now that I have to change them so that they point to serverB (new server). Is there any easiest way to do this or do I have to open each and every DTS and then point them to new server and then save them under Legacy. Again appreciate all your help.

I have yet to find a way to change the connections other than opening each one and changing it. Sorry. :-(

After I installed the SQL server 2000 DTS designer components on new server where i have sql 2005 and where i have all the DTS under legacy, when I try to open DTS it gives me error saying that "the DTS host failed to load or save the package properly" ANy help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back