Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Left outer join error

Status
Not open for further replies.

tracisell

Programmer
Sep 29, 2009
US
I am getting this error when trying to run my program, and am not sure what is wrong with my join. I am trying to join the tables so that I get output even if the conjoining key is not in each file.

(FOC32456) ANSI-COMPLIANCE ENFORCED BY CHANGING OUTER JOIN TO INNER

Here are my joins:

SET NODATA = N/A
SET ALL = ON
JOIN
LEFT_OUTER AWD10.SEG1.SIDAWD IN AWD10 TO MULTIPLE EMAIL_ADDR_UPD.SEG1.SID_DT
IN EMAIL_ADDR_UPD AS J0
END
JOIN
LEFT_OUTER AWD10.SEG1.SIDAWD IN AWD10 TO MULTIPLE REQDOC10.SEG1.REQSID
IN REQDOC10 AS J1
END
JOIN
LEFT_OUTER AWD10.SEG1.SIDAWD IN AWD10 TO MULTIPLE EXFOC-COMBO.CWIDREC.SID_DT
IN EXFOC-COMBO AS J3
END

Thanks,

Traci [ponytails2]

I resolved this issue by creating a hold file. One of my join files was an inner join which created the problem.

Traci

Be aware that when you are converting to a hold file and you join the hold-file with the database, you might get a big performance-loss.

WebFocus will create a join-instruct to the database for each record in the hold-file. So, when you have a holdfile containing 10 records, you will not find any performance-loss. When the hold-file exists of 1000 records, you will certainly find the query to run slowly.

Alternatively you can create several hold-files and MATCH the files together. Or, you might solve it by creating a view in the DBMS.

Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back