Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Leavy Review on website

Status
Not open for further replies.

DroopyA

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
US
I'm not really a web designer but I'm trying to broden my scope as a programmer by learning how to design, create, and code webpages. In doing so I've started my own site to promote the music I make in my spare time. But now I'm not sure how to add my next feature.

When a user downloads a song, at the bottom of the page I want to have a text box that the user can type in to leave a review or their comments on my song. I then want them to click a command button that saves this information so that I can access it later. Eventually, I would like the page to refresh with the new review added to the site, but I'm not worried about that yet.

Right now all I really want, is the command button to place the information in the TextBox to a text file so I can add it to the site manually. (Once I learn more about CGI and ASP I'll change the functionality) Is their a way I can have the TextBox.Text pass to a TextFile through VB or Java script? If so, any ideas how or a good article I can read to learn how?

Thanks

You have a few options, one is phpNUKE or a similar blogger.

has a guestbook script that can do the same thing. Only problem with either is that @sshole spammers love these things and will spam your guestbook. The blog is probably the better route, even though it might be more difficult to set up at first.

When in doubt, deny all terms and defnitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back